Wednesday 11 May 2011

Challenge 1: 'The Way of Shadows'

Today we see a momentous event, one which has potentially world changing consequences:

The inaugural Victory Book-Sharing Challenge challenge!

For our first ever challenge I will be assigning to Emma:
The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks.


The Way of Shadows is a dark-ish fantasy which centres around Kylar Stern, an assassin-in-training, and his master, Durzo Blint. There is a lot of Light / Dark contrast in this book (Enough so that I wrote an essay on it in high school), and that is partly why I love this book so much. It is also fairly action packed, but also detailed - lots of minor plot lines, most of which eventually converge, but I won't post any spoilers. Oh, and there's some epic Evil villains.

I think Emma will like TWoS, it has a couple of reasonably strong female main characters (More-so in the sequels - maybe you should keep reading to get to them *winks*) as well as a good storyline and engaging characters. I don't think she is as massive a fantasy fan as I am, but for this book, you don't really need to be.

1 comment: