Wednesday 5 June 2013

Challenge 16: 'White Tiger'

Continuing our recent string of strong female protagonists, I present to you:

 White Tiger

http://aussiespecficinfocus.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/whitetiger.jpg 

 This is another of those books which I had kept seeing on library shelves and thinking to myself "That looks kinda cool, maybe I'll borrow it." And then never doing so. Eventually I did get around to it, and stayed up 'till about 4am. It was quite good. Reasonably action-y, but delving a lot into chinese mythology White Tiger has a very different setting from most of what I have read, and it takes a bit of time to adjust to that. Emma (Woo! and she's Australian, Woo more!), the protagonist, explains the differing culture well.

And then we get to the part where she learns that the Gods and Demons she loves reading about are real, and has to learn martial arts to defend herself. Yeah, she kinda kicks demon butt.

If you aren't excited to read it after that, I don't know what more I can say, except: Go read it, you'll see.

 - L

 

No comments:

Post a Comment