Wednesday 5 June 2013

DNF Review 15: 'Code Name Verity'

I honestly have no idea why I didn't like this book. It sounds cool, is similar (sort of) to other books I love, and should be right up my alley with hot chicks starring. But no. For some reason I just couldn't get into it. I think it was a combination of me not really liking the main characters (even stranger, 'cause I'm usually happy with anything), and the fact that the narrator seemed to ramble on a bit (Again, I'm usually fine with that, this time it just irritated me).

I feel that I should try to read this again sometime, if only to finish it. The plot was solid and I did enjoy some parts. Maybe I was in a bad mood for a week or something, but when I put it down to read something which I'd been waiting to get for a while, I just didn't pick it back up.

Sorry for not finishing Code Name Verity Em, I'll try again later.

 - L.

No comments:

Post a Comment